Pharmaceutical CompaniesWhat is reported:
In addition to the information below, refer to the requirements under the implemented transparency provisions of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) Code on disclosure.
Report transfers of value related to donations, events (sponsorships, registration fees, travel, and accommodation) and the provision of services, as well as transfers of value relating to research and development. Reporting requirements exclude the delivery of materials, the delivery of samples, and hospitality (lunches or dinners), as well as transfers of value resulting from commercial transactions in relation to non-prescription medicines.
To the extent legally possible, pharmaceutical companies must publish this information individually, except for transfers of value relating to research and development. In such cases, make public, if applicable, the:
- Number of recipients involved
- Overall amount attributable to these transfers of value
Medical Device Companies
What is reported:
During the first 6 months of the year, the companies will disclose all grants given to health organizations or institutions, either directly or through professional event organizers.
- This information is provided for your convenience and should not be construed as legal advice. The applicability of these requirements to your organization depends on individual circumstances. The information is not exhaustive.
- Kindly check with your legal department and do not depend solely on the information provided here. Moreover, the rules mentioned could be subject to interpretation of local authorities/courts in the applicable jurisdiction. Lastly, be mindful of the latest update mentioned above. These rules and regulations change frequently, so it is important to determine whether the information provided reflects the most recent changes and is still applicable.
- Reporting dates are related to the transparency obligation regarding transfers of value by pharmaceutical companies and/or medical device companies (excluding suppliers of in vitro diagnostics) to HCPs and HCOs. These often are based on laws or rules in codes of conduct of industry associations. In case it is based on codes of conduct, your company only needs to disclose the transfers of value on the mentioned due date if your company is a member of the association that follows that code.
- Including a jurisdiction in the Legislative Watch does not guarantee that jurisdiction is available for reporting via the MediSpend Transparency Reporting Solution.
- Reporting date normally means the date the transfers of value need to be published. The deadline for e.g. submission/sending the complete information to the authority could be before that date, for example to give HCPs and/or HCOs and/or the authority/association who publishes the information, the possibility to check the data the pharmaceutical companies/medical device companies are going to disclose.
- The information does not take into consideration (unless explicitly mentioned):
- Transparency related to clinical trials (unless it concerns transfers of value as mentioned above)
- Transparency related to patient organizations (unless the patient organization is considered an HCO)
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MediSpend and, while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is, therefore, strictly at your own risk.
In no event will MediSpend be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of MediSpend. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MediSpend takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.