Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the Senior Business Analyst (BA) will have a diverse set of responsibilities and will be required to work closely with all members of the MediSpend team. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for creating business requirements to support a product roadmap of releases, defects, enhancements across multiple products and interacting with customers.
The Senior Business Analyst will play a vital role in the software development life cycle by taking high-level business requirements and turning them into detailed, user stories for an Agile/Scrum-based development methodology. The Senior Business Analyst should have good understanding of compliance, commercial, and clinical processes for the Life Sciences industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with customers and key stakeholders on requirements gathering and finalization related to user interface, feature enhancements, technical requirements/architecture including documentation of acceptance criteria for development purposes, for one or multiple products.
- Perform business, technical, and user requirement analysis and develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, performance, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to overall product roadmap / development priorities.
- Develop wireframes and mockups using commonly available tools such as Axure or similar tools.
- Create presentations for discussing product concepts or proposed features with internal and external stakeholders including customers.
- Partner with Product Managers to groom the product backlog and participate in release and sprint planning process and sessions.
- Present user stories to the development team during sprint planning and review meetings and drive development. Report development updates in a timely manner.
- Document test cases and be the point person for testing of new features and releases.
- Engage with Sales, Customer Success, and Implementation teams to establish and maintain knowledge base.
- Document release notes for the product and maintain the product management Confluence page for releases.
- Review product related incidents, analyze issues, identify their source and log defects as required.
- Deliver reports, dashboards, presentations and product metrics (as agreed upon by the product team).
- Assist in setting up of user groups and customer advisory boards for gathering customer feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information technology or related field is required with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of working experience in roles that bridge business and technology including 5+ years in Agile software development environment for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products.
- Strong UX design sense to clearly present wireframes and mock-ups for user interface discussion.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences industry and regulatory environment, experience with HCP/HCO arrangements a plus.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills